Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Green..........!!!???!

"Wow" I thought, as I peered out of the window on board the airplane. What I saw as the clouds cleared was a mass of.......... GREEN!! I knew Ireland was going to be green. Why else was it called "The Emerald Isle"? It looked incredible from up in the sky, different patches of green, like a quilt. It was breathtaking. I stepped off the airplane, and all the time was thinking about how beautiful Ireland was going to be. I couldn't wait. Now that I'm here in Ireland, I can see how beautiful it is. It is very cold compared to what I am used to, but wet and humid, so the plants are thriving. I have never seen so many flowers in my life!!! The rolling hills, the beautiful flowers, the meadows with cows and sheep grazing. My hair is curly and frizzy because of the wet weather!!! I don't need to worry too much about sunburn. AND I get the workout of my life from walking for hours each day. Life is interesting, all the Irish people are kind and fun to listen to. I think I'm picking up an accent without even trying! So far the trip has been satisfactory. So beautiful, and I haven't even seen the pretty places yet. It will be hard to go back to brown and dirt. But I think I like both places. Ireland may be a beautiful, green place. It is unlike anything I have seen. But it is still not home. I'm still a stranger. I love my old, brown New Mexico every bit as much as I love Ireland, the land of green.

1 comment: