Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday blues and blahs (and hats)

Well, having been back from Dublin for a few days, I thought I was due for a new post. I'm really terrible about posting every day. Anyways, yes, back in Galway, my home for the time being. I haven't been doing a whole lot except exploring some more of the city, and reading the wheel of time series. I know, sounds kinda boring. You're probably thinking "what? you're in IRELAND and you're aren't doing anything???? Well my answer is: yes. I'm in Ireland but my dad has to work to whole week. We can see things in Galway, and go around a little bit, but we have to stay here and do normal things until the weekend. Then we tour around the country! So really, It's pretty normal. Mostly I'm just soaking up the culture. Even though I'm not seeing all the exciting monuments and tourist attractions, I'm still learning about what a cool country Ireland is from the other side. Anyways, my accent has reached a blockage, and I can't get it over this proverbial roadblock. My family are the only people I ever talk to, as we haven't made many friends here, and they keep on talking in their American accents!! So it's their fault. Back on subject, we are going to finish some chores at home (yes, I still have chores. And leftover math. yuck) then we are going to find some "charity shops" which are basically thrift stores. It's too expensive here to buy anything from the real stores!! Except "Tesco" which is like Wal mart. and Those clothes are not exactly something you would want to wear, unless you're a baby or a man. AND I am determined to find a hat. For race week, you know. I want a hat like from that scene in "My Fair Lady" where they go to the races and everyone's in black and white. But all the hats in the department stores or boutiques are at LEAST 50 euro. for a HAT???? sheesh my SHOES don't even cost that much, and I wear them almost every day. And if you know about the current exchange rate, then you're looking at 60 to 65 dollars there. For a fancy hat, that you could probably make. (there was even a HEADBAND for 40 euro!! insane!!) I know I'm overdue for pictures, but my dad is the one who knows how to work the fancy camera he has, so I have to get them from him. Sorry. but i do have 5 weeks left. Anyways, this was a pointless ordinary post, nothing exciting. Oh well, life's not all sugar and roses. Or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment